Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Issue is: "after market kits" nec for pr
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: August 02, 2000 02:14AM

Lieber Rainier (and anyone else who could offer assistance),

Gott im Himmel, es wuerde ganz zu viel Arbeit geben! Aber vielleicht loehnt es sich trotzdem!. Do you recommend a brand of plastic filler? Beyond that though--and this is the issue that really, truly confounds me, how the f*** do I scratch- build propulsion gear? I mean, wear does one find the "after-market" detail kits for those parts that no one in their right mind would build from scratch, like propellers, or rudders. After advice I received from a solicitation (on a different site) as to yielding the best results on the anticipated railing work, as well as how one might procure an *accurate cloth, 1:150 DKM ensign, I just spent well over an hour on warship.net, surfing through each and every sponsor, looking for detail parts on scale. They have everything under the sun. Except for kits at 1:150. And even if they did, which they do not, I am sure u-boat paraphrenalia would be wholly neglected in any event. So again, any leads anyone could offer on how to construct propulsion gear, pretty much entirely from scratch--and, more importantly, the elusive after market kits necessary for such an endeavor--would be greatly appreciated.
Also, Rainer, were you suggesting that the hull would be perfect if the centre-line were cut out, filled and sanded? I am trying to do all my investigation on line, as this, coupled with the wooden Viking longboat I have in que after this endeavor, have costed enough already. Pictures at finearts have given me the best clues. But your recommendations would provide needed reassurance: reassurance needed to follow up on your drastic suggestion to cutting the centre-line out, and progressing from their
As a closing note, I will say I enjoy your distinctly German sarcasm. Its good fun. But realize I--who is just now beginning ship modelling as a past time to be undertaken between lectures and reading during law school-- only discovered this issue about the kit after I had ordered it, when the parcel was already en route to my home. And, when I learned of this news, I already discovered that there is no ideal kit for class IX vessels. After examining the rest of the kit, which is fair to quite good, I thought I would wing it. But now I want more. And I think I can render a superior product *but for" the issue with the propulsion gear and the centreline. Finally, as one who majored in German (as well as English), I would hope you and others might translate "einsam" as "lone," or at least recognize it as one those words not easily translated, meaning peculiar, lonesome, among other concepts. But I digress. Again any response from friendly vessels to this SOS would be greatly apprecitated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Debacle with academy model HELP! Einsamer Wolf 08/01/2000 11:35PM
RE: Debacle with academy model HELP! Rainer Bruns 08/02/2000 01:20AM
Issue is: "after market kits" nec for pr Einsamer Wolf 08/02/2000 02:14AM
RE: Issue is: Rainer Bruns 08/02/2000 01:14PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.