Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: An Important Ensign Poll
Posted by: Brent Gilley ()
Date: August 31, 2000 10:23PM

Einsamer,

maybe I can help. Bein an Engineer, I work with scale all day. I'm quite certain that I could reproduce the ensign in detail, in full scale using CAD software and then scale it down exactly. I would need the design and accurate dimensions-which could prove difficult in itself. I usually drawn things in full scale, and then scale it down using the CAD math co-processing language to worry about the math. With clear decal film, you could take the scaled down CAD drawing, and "trace" the design onto the decal film, or you could print it on from the master paper onto decal film with a color copier. I have of this technique but never tried it.
Now for the accurate and life-like material in that scale. I would prefer to see the ensign hanging naturally -no wind. then I would provide a flat painted one on the base of the wood that one might mount a ship model.

- What ship ensign are you trying to replicate? I will try to locate it here in the United States, and try to draw it for you with my CAD software and then scale it down for you. this may take some time.
E-mail me directly if this sounds OK to you.
-your friend,
Brent
Lethurneck@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
An Important Ensign Poll Einsamer Wolf 08/25/2000 09:31PM
RE: An Important Ensign Poll Brent Gilley 08/31/2000 10:23PM
To go paper, decal, or silk, that is the question! Einsamer Wolf 08/31/2000 11:32PM
RE: To go paper, decal, or silk, that is the quest Brent Gilley 09/01/2000 12:08AM
RE: To go paper, decal, or silk, that is the quest Einsamer Wolf 09/01/2000 12:50AM
I tried to repsond personally, but EInsamer WOlf 09/01/2000 11:04AM
RE: I tried to repsond personally, but Brent Gilley 09/01/2000 08:07PM
Kriegsmarine Ensign for U-99 Woody 09/01/2000 04:52PM
RE: Kriegsmarine Ensign for U-99 Einsamer Wolf 09/01/2000 09:38PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.