Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Follow-up on scratch-building Wintergarten in 1:72
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: January 19, 2006 11:13PM

SALUT!

As I alluded to earlier, after a year's hiatus from doing anything, I have resumed construction on my 1:72 U-Boot kit. I am working on the tower, intermittently with flushing the modelbrass limber-hole panels with the hull. Already I am thinking of the problems involved in scratch-building a Wintergarten in 1:72 scale. It seems to be a necessary endeavor, since the railings provided in the kit are out of scale. Scratch-building flat railings with brass wire and sodder is easy. The circular formation of the Wintergarten presents a much more formidable challenge, however. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
On a related matter, did anyone see this fellow's work?

[uboat.imodeller.cz]

That page in particular has three nice shots of a scratch-built Wintergarten. Unfortunately, there is no contact information. I would very much like to know whose work this is, for mentoring purposes. I suppose at the very least, the link provides photographic evidence that such a feat is possible. I would just wish I knew how it was done.
Finally, if anyone has done this, what width of wire would be to scale?

Regards,

EW

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Follow-up on scratch-building Wintergarten in 1:72 Einsamer Wolf 01/19/2006 11:13PM
Re: Follow-up on scratch-building Wintergarten in 1:72 Jess 01/20/2006 02:30AM
Re: Follow-up on scratch-building Wintergarten in 1:72 Einsamer Wolf 01/20/2006 02:36AM
Look here Einsamer.. Contact me for UZO scale drawings Bob 01/21/2006 02:38AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.