Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Control devices on RC subs
Posted by: Dave Harris ()
Date: February 02, 2006 10:46AM

Hi JC,
Sounds like you are using RCABs with Art Broders Blood Pressure tester pump. Good choice. My type VII uses the same set up. Normal RC sub controls are fore planes for depth control and stern planes for pitch control. Thing is on a sub this size you could sacrifice the fore planes with no detriment to the performance. This will also help with the linkages and the method of hull opening. I have gone for an annular hull opening (like the Robbe U47), if you have a fore plane connection you will need a transverse (length way) opening. Set the fore plans full up. Then use the stern planes as depth and pitch control. I use a fairly old Norbert Brueggen (www.modelluboot.de) pitch controller. When the transmitter stick is moved the controller is overriden and you control the planes manually. Have good look around Norberts site he has a nice video to download of his Revell conversion kit in action. You will see what I mean. Hope this helps. Dave.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Control devices on RC subs JC Jorquera 02/01/2006 01:45PM
Re: Control devices on RC subs Dave Harris 02/02/2006 10:46AM
Re: Control devices on RC subs JC Jorquera 02/03/2006 11:49AM
Re: Control devices on RC subs Dave Harris 02/03/2006 05:17PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.