Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
To use Eduard or Modelbrass?
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: February 10, 2006 02:26AM

SALUT!

I am progressing nicely on my model. A couple of matters that require a decision have come about, however. First, pertaining to the Capstan and Deck Gun tread bars, is it better to use the pieces provided in Eduard or the modell brass set? Modelbrass is brass (as opposed to metal), which is an advantage. However, the detail seems much finer in the Eduard casting. Indeed, there is no casting at all in the Modelbrass Capstan tread bars (causing me to use Eduard), but there is for the deck gun tread bars. Perhaps I should use Eduard, for consistency. Overall though, which set of parts seems closer to scale and more accurate?
The other matter pertains to what the modelbrass directions refer to as stacked decorations in step #14, and as parts 85 in Eduard, which are placed on rectangular perfororations on the bow portion of the deck, one in the front below the line cutters, two in the back, just behind the bow panel of the deck. The parts look completely different. Moreover, I was not able to locate a clear reference photo in four different books, so I am unable to ascertain which are more closely resemble t. Any help?

Einsamer Wolf

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
To use Eduard or Modelbrass? Einsamer Wolf 02/10/2006 02:26AM
Re: To use Eduard or Modelbrass? Jess 02/10/2006 04:33PM
Re: To use Eduard or Modelbrass? Einsamer Wolf 02/10/2006 06:44PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.