Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Revel 1/72 U- Boat - Help and opinions wanted
Posted by: James Goddard ()
Date: March 01, 2006 04:30PM

Thenks, Jess for the welcome and info.

I have been looking round the forum and indeed there is lots of info to digest. Having read about the nautilus wood deck and the brass decks I have had an idea.

As it seems that the forward and rear parts of the deck were actually metal it might be possible to combine the wood deck from nautilus along with the forward/rear part of one of the other etching parts which will give you the metal part of the deck where it should be supported by the wood deck underneath.

a bit of marking out and sanding will more than likeley be needed to fit both parts flush and some cutting of the brass etching parts necessary. Has anyone tried this yet?

If not, as this kit is really a test kit for me, maybe I should give it a bash and report back.

As I am currently engaged on building a wood ship kit (Jotika's HMS Granado) maybe it would be possible to overlay the modelbrass deck and use my carpentry 101 to make the wood deck as close as possible... extra work for nothing I hear you should.... but as U-boats had wood decking then maybe it should be used!

I might order the modelbrass, Eduard and WEM kit just out of curiosity as well as the fact that the forward lower and rear flooding holes that I have done should be replaced as you are right.... plastic does melt! (wince and suck teeth!)

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for modelbrass??

James

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Revel 1/72 U- Boat - Help and opinions wanted James Goddard 02/28/2006 09:53PM
Re: Revel 1/72 U- Boat - Help and opinions wanted Jess 03/01/2006 02:05AM
Re: Revel 1/72 U- Boat - Help and opinions wanted James Goddard 03/01/2006 04:30PM
Re: Revel 1/72 U- Boat - Help and opinions wanted Dougie 03/02/2006 01:05AM
Re: Revel 1/72 U- Boat - Help and opinions wanted Dougie 03/02/2006 03:14PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.