Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Horizontal vents on u-96 conning tower
Posted by: Richard ()
Date: May 13, 2006 01:07AM

Well mabye i can be of any help here :-)
I just building this great kit from Revell myself and ordered the Eduard Photo Etched Set as well as this realy great wooden deck panels from Nautilus Models.
To everyone building this kit or planning to buy this is realy a great addon for you u-boot because all the flood holes are open and it fits perfect on the hull!
But thats just a tip from me ;-)
About this intakes left and right on the upper after section of the conning tower,as you can read in the folders in the Eduard kit it depends on what type of u-boot your planning to build as there are option to build an early or late version of the famous VIIC Boot,from my research i know that these vents were on the early version as well as the late version,the only differents here is that they re-shaped them a bit because of the fact that they made different conning towers so some things had to redesigned.
But as you posted it a bit hard to get any proper photo,s of this so there isn,t much material you can use as reference.
Hope you had a bit of help here,and ofcourse enjoy building this kit! its a realy great kit...hehe i even so charmed if this baby i already ordered the VIIC-41 Atlantic version from Revell. Including Photo Etched part from Eduard.
Oh a short tip: Opening the flood holes realy helps to make your model stand out as the real thing so much i did it! its a hell of a job it takes some time and a steady hand but its realy worth while the time spend!

Richard

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Horizontal vents on u-96 conning tower Einsamer Wolf 04/20/2006 12:33AM
Re: Horizontal vents on u-96 conning tower Don Prince 04/20/2006 01:25AM
Re: Horizontal vents on u-96 conning tower Andy 04/20/2006 02:36AM
Re: Horizontal vents on u-96 conning tower Don Prince 04/22/2006 07:55PM
Re: Horizontal vents on u-96 conning tower Richard 05/13/2006 01:07AM
Re: Horizontal vents on u-96 conning tower marc goecke 07/07/2006 03:34PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.