Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
German WW11 Torpedoe stpowatch
Posted by: Kit ()
Date: November 17, 2001 04:02PM

Hello, I'm new to the site but I was wondering if you can help, I recently bought a stopwatch, which still works very well, the stopwatch is German, has the Atlantic Eagle on the back, I trying to trace some of its history if I can, but I very little to go on. I purchased it from a dealer in London. There are no markings on the front, the second hand is above the main hand, marked in 5's the 60 is red. On the back again no markings, but a "K" then underneath there is the Eagle ( beak to the left) at the bottom of the eagle is a circle with a small swastika in it and on either side the letters "M" and "A" I know no history apart from the dealer said that it was used to time the torpedoes on their way to target so I snapped it up fast. Can anyone help me find out any more about it, Ive only seen one other on the web, so I take it its very rare, any idea of value would be great. There is damage to the white clock face, a small crack fom the centre to the bottom edge but very little else. Thanks to Dave @ Pandan Models in Croydon who told me about the site, he has a Robbe U47 with my name on.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
German WW11 Torpedoe stpowatch Kit 11/17/2001 04:02PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.