WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
U-Bremen
Posted by: Steven Zukosky ()
Date: February 07, 2009 12:05AM

Gentlemen,
I have been looking for over a year to get my hands on a copy of the cargo manifest of the merchant U-bout Bremen. It was lost on its maiden voyage to the United States in 1916. I have recently though that I could probably find the U-boat quicker than I could the manifest. I have a clue now, and this is where I need some help. In Dwight R. Messimer’s book, The Merchant U-Boat, Adventures of the Deutschland 1916-1918, he has a stated that the Bremen carried 32,500 cans of Salvarsan. He references: Records of the German Navy, 1850-1945, Records Group 242, Microfilm Publication T1022, Roll 658, PG 75195 (or close to it), Lohmann to Admiralstab, 25 March 1917. The reason I do not have a copy of this treasure trove of information is that I do not speak or read a word of German. I contacted Dwight Messimer last year, but its been over 20 years since he wrote the book and he has disposed of much of his reference material.
Thus, I send out a plea for help to someone that can read German, and has a copy of this roll to please check and find out if there is any information on the cargo.

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Steven Zukosky

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-Bremen Steven Zukosky 02/07/2009 12:05AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.