WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
unknown fates of u boats
Posted by: roberd ()
Date: April 19, 2009 04:10PM

Hi there new to the forum and to be honest new to the subject. anyway was wondering if anybody could help me with a question or series of questions, please.
Generally I want to know if there is a list of ww 1 u boats that have unconfirmed fates.
More specifically I want to know about the fates of u boats in the western approaches. I recently read a book called AVIATION IN CORNWALL and it follows the fate of the Air Ships based in Cornwall particularly at RNAS Mullion. The entries in the book are somewhat brief and vague but seem to indicate that some airships were responsible or partly responsible for the sinking of u boats, e.g. oil and air bubbles coming to the surface and/or wreckage. I tired to investigate this further on this website but have been unable to match any of the incidents with confirmed u boat losses, I know there are no confirmed u boats sinkings by airships but was wondering if there is an easy way to uncover which subs might have been attacked/damaged/lost or simply have unknown fates.
thanks for your help
Rob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
unknown fates of u boats roberd 04/19/2009 04:10PM
Re: unknown fates of u boats Michael Lowrey 04/20/2009 01:37AM
Re: unknown fates of u boats roberd 04/20/2009 09:59AM
Re: unknown fates of u boats roberd 04/20/2009 03:15PM
Re: unknown fates of u boats Michael Lowrey 04/20/2009 03:53PM
Re: unknown fates of u boats Oliver Lörscher 04/21/2009 06:05PM
Re: unknown fates of u boats Michael Lowrey 04/21/2009 07:13PM
Re: unknown fates of u boats roberd 04/24/2009 01:07PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.