General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: Type XI found?
Posted by: Craig McLean ()
Date: December 14, 2000 12:55AM

<HTML>H\'lo, Cap\'n Duffy,

Always good to see you at the forum!

Mr. Dietzsch already knows what the XIB is....as he apparently already looked over the site.

He was asking what we thought. Reading this article alone is one-sided, and I myself was guided strongly by what THEY had to say initially. My own further research produced different results, to my estimation anyway.

I\'m sometimes quick with an opinion, when I think I know a thing or two. But I\'m always welcome to contrary opinions, which is probably why I voice my own so quickly. I welcome discussion, and counter-evidence! (although I\'m not exactly young anymore, and have noticed a disagreeable tendency to be somewhat pig-headed on occassion...)

I have maybe 3 ratings of my own opinions...

strong......I probably can\'t be easily dissuaded
medium....I am flexible, and am open to other info
weak........usually voiced initially as a question, as I don\'t know

Notice none of my positions are inflexible in the end. So, hopefully I will have explained a little of my own personality here, and I never mean to give offense to anyone!

To anyone interested in studying history, I would say, never take any one person\'s word as final in the end. Much research is probably necessary. Much input is usually needed. (And I know you were there in WWII, Cap\'n Duffy, personally, so I always take what you have to say very seriously!)

Still, as for the U-Cruiser, I feel it would be a very super thing to discover, should one actually have ever been built. But I feel pretty strongly that this isn\'t likely at all, personally speaking.

Best always,
Craig </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Type XI found? Dietzsch 12/13/2000 10:58AM
RE: Type XI found? Fin Bonset 12/13/2000 12:56PM
RE: Type XI never lost Craig McLean 12/13/2000 09:22PM
RE: Type XI found? Capt. George W. Duffy 12/14/2000 12:21AM
RE: Type XI found? Craig McLean 12/14/2000 12:55AM
RE: Type XI found? Joe Brennan 12/14/2000 09:32AM
RE: Type XI found? william Engel 12/14/2000 08:17PM
RE: Type XI found? E. Dalder 12/15/2000 01:00AM
RE: Type XI found? Steve Cooper 12/15/2000 02:21PM
RE: Type XI found - Sonar Image Offer Trident Research 12/16/2000 07:34AM
RE: Type XI found? Craig McLean 12/16/2000 02:58PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.