General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Representative needed
Posted by: Ricky.S ()
Date: November 08, 2001 06:09PM

<HTML>Terry,
I hardly think that the U-Boat veterans would like to attend a celebration of their defeat by the codebreakers at B.P. Do yuo honestly think these honourable men
would sit and stay at such a "rub their noses in it event", because thats basically what you would be doing.The rememberance service at the Royal Albert Hall is supposed to be a tribute of rememberance , not a variety show.Also I cannot see how the proceeds from the sale of the F.D.C will be greatly diminished.tThe German veterans had every right to turn down the invite after knowing the spectacle that is to be staged at the service.This was a great chance to partly heal woundsthat might still exist after more than 50 years,but what has happened just goes to show that common sense isn`t all that common.Sorry Terry, but you boobed big time and much to the regret of all that is decent in human nature.
As for the suggestion that Jak Showell might like to attend.............I dont think so,
when he finds out what has happened he`ll do as the vets did,I hope.So Terry, tell the truth what really happened and admit you and others got it wrong.

Allllllllllaaaaarrrrmmmmmmm......(Diving Deep....)
(Waiting For The Wabos) Ricky.S</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Representative needed TerryMitchell 11/06/2001 06:30AM
Re: Representative needed Woody 11/06/2001 12:43PM
Re: Representative needed M.S.Laarman 11/06/2001 03:58PM
Re: Representative needed MPC 11/07/2001 04:48PM
Re: Representative needed Ricky.S 11/08/2001 06:09PM
Re: Representative needed MPC 11/08/2001 08:47PM
Re: Representative needed Ricky.S 11/09/2001 07:06PM
Re: Representative needed Ricky.S 11/09/2001 07:11PM
Re: Representative needed - Ricky John Griffiths 11/09/2001 10:01PM
Re: Representative needed Ricky.S 11/10/2001 04:32PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.