General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Sinking in the Gulf of Mexico
Posted by: Matty Loughran ()
Date: December 11, 2001 02:50AM

<HTML>I`m the Historian of the North Atlantic Chapter, American Merchant Marine Vets (AMMV). I have before me a newspaper from a Milwakee, the article states he following: in 1942 or 43, a U-boat surfaced and ordered a tanker to abandon ship. Instead the Master of the tanker tried to ram the sub. It later surfaced and shelled the tanker. The crew got away in three life boats. The one neares noticed the German crew takin photos of them. They in turn cursed the German crew, who in turn machine gunned all in that life boat( 16).I have no dates from the article but from other facts it would seem to be 1942 or 1943. Would appreciate a reply from anyone who is familiar with this incident. I have researched through all my records but cannot find anything. I don`t believe it is a true story, but have to check it out. Thanks for any help</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Sinking in the Gulf of Mexico Matty Loughran 12/11/2001 02:50AM
Re: Sinking in the Gulf of Mexico John Griffiths 12/11/2001 07:32PM
Re: Sinking in the Gulf of Mexico Nathan Greenfield 12/11/2001 08:57PM
Re: Sinking in the Gulf of Mexico Jack 12/12/2001 06:26PM
Re: Sinking in the Gulf of Mexico Rainer Kolbicz 12/11/2001 11:10PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.