General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Trust you!
Posted by: John Griffiths ()
Date: January 06, 2002 04:26PM

<HTML>Joe,

Pretty good, showing the war from both sides. I was amazed to see that the Argie air force reckoned they'd scored a hit on HMS Hermes - and even had this mark up on their squadron board to this day. Plus they have a HMS Sheffield sinking parade - which is sick, considering they are trying to sue us for the loss of the Belgrano!

Also, that the French did sell arming and target info for the Exocets they had sled to Argentina - despite assuring us that they would not. Where there is money, there is no love.....

No mate, Hermes wasn't damaged at all. They hit Atlantic Conveyor instead - and claimed it too....

One image that really got me was of the Canberra steaming through a lop, with one of the 21's alongside. I couldn't help wondering if that was my ship....

Two more programmes to go - one tonight, one next week. They are all documentaries, mate - no John Wayne!

Aye,

John</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Falklands TV programmes UK only sorry! John Griffiths 01/03/2002 08:13PM
Re: Trust you! Joe Brennan 01/04/2002 04:55AM
Re: Trust you! John Griffiths 01/06/2002 04:26PM
Re: Trust you! Joe Brennan 01/07/2002 08:51AM
Re: Trust you! John Griffiths 01/07/2002 09:35PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.