General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Colors of War FYI
Posted by: Torlef ()
Date: January 07, 2002 08:22AM

<HTML>Hi all crew mates,
tonight I watched "Colors of War" on the History Channel and I was not prepared for what I was about to see.
First I have to explain that these footage in original color has been discovered recently and edited for TV.
Tonight I saw the part of "Silent and Deep" about the US submarine warfare.
They showed all in color these US submarines on combat patrol, the actual shooting of Japanese shipwrecked floating in the water, the actual rescuing of later President Bush as an downed aviator, the sinking of sampans and this was commented by a large amount of letters written home by these sailors from aboard of USS Wahoo, USS Sailfish, USS Lagarto, USS Sculpin e.t.c.
It was about an hour long and I was cought on my left foot by not having my VCR ready. This series "Color of War" can be bought at the History Channel for $99.95
and I will by it, that is for sure.
I have already 2 DVD's about the color footage, which was recently discovered, but this is on VHS and I believe, these are 5 tapes.
What I saw tonight about the US submarine warfare is a must see for all submarine enthusiast who are interested in all submarines, not only in U-Boats.
Best Regards, Torlef</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Colors of War FYI Torlef 01/07/2002 08:22AM
Re: Colors of War FYI Vin 01/07/2002 09:09AM
Re: Colors of War FYI kurt 01/07/2002 05:27PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.