General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: duties of crew members
Posted by: Landratte ()
Date: January 10, 2002 09:27PM

<HTML>First of all, let me thank you for your offer.
But luckily the problem of pic and video material from the movie is solved completly, thanks to the directors cut and a TV - card. Of course you´re right, we are aware of the copyright problem, but I think to aquire an official approval is far out of our abilites. We are just a group of students, who want to create a webpage about "Das Boot" and the opininions and discussions which released it on the web. You could call it a "scientific research" - I hardly remeber that in such a case there are (at least in Germany) special law conditions concerning science.
But of course we (still) added the proper copyright information to every piece of material - we hope that this will be sufficient to prevent us being overrun by a crowd of lawyers.
The biggest problem is to be historically accurate. As I mentioned in the last posting,
we have problems to find out the duties of the crew members. I have to admit, that I´m not very familiar with the whole of the U - Boat warfare -my very own and personal military expirience is restricted to tanks and a little bit infantry - but as you surely can imagine that´s not very satisfactory for a discussion about u - boats!
So I still hope that someone takes pity on me and gives me a hint about where to find
this information.

with greetings</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
duties of crew members Landratte 01/09/2002 06:39PM
corrigenda: duties of crew members Landratte 01/09/2002 06:44PM
Re: corrigenda: duties of crew members Werner Frank 01/10/2002 02:44AM
Re: duties of crew members Landratte 01/10/2002 09:27PM
Re: duties of crew members Mario 01/13/2002 11:28AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.