General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: U-BOAT Wales & supplies
Posted by: Fin Bonset ()
Date: January 04, 2001 05:19PM

<HTML>Hi Willy,

The cases you mentioned have been documented. I had a book (which I gave to Craig McLean) that has a story of a u-boat commander actually entering a pub in Ireland for a drink. I don\'t recall exactly how it went but an Irishman started talking to the u-boat captain and couldn\'t get the accent right. After more discussion, the u-boat commander gave away his identity in an indirect way.

This book is written by an author who got these stories from eyewitnesses and documented accounts. I definitely believe u-boats or u-boat crew resupplied themselves off of Ireland and even went ashore.

I recommend reading that story. The book is called \"Mysteries of World War II\". I would be interested what Craig thought about this story.

Best regards and Happy New Year,

Fin

</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-BOAT Wales &amp; supplies Jim Phillips Shipwreck Researcher, Wa 01/03/2001 04:42PM
Hmmmm.... Ben B. 01/04/2001 04:38AM
RE: U-BOAT Wales &amp; supplies Willy 01/04/2001 11:15AM
RE: U-BOAT Wales &amp; supplies Fin Bonset 01/04/2001 05:19PM
RE: U-BOAT Wales &amp; supplies willy 01/04/2001 06:11PM
RE: U-BOAT Wales &amp; supplies John Barratt 01/04/2001 06:46PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.