General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
u-boat + V2 testing
Posted by: Philip McGarry ()
Date: September 14, 2002 07:06PM

<HTML>I'm new to all of this, so for all those that are seasoned veterans please forgive my innocence. I'm keen to learn about the V2 testing with u-boats, and see whether there is any connection with them and Friedrich Steinhoff's last patrol aboard U-873. I have already connected Steinhoff with his brother, Dr Erich Steinhoff. I realise that it was in fact the U-511 that was used during the testing of the 30cm rockets, but, here comes the bank of questions. Did Freidrich stay with the program after the summer of 1942?, what was his role on the staff of 7th flortilla and what was the mission of U-873 in May 1945?. Why did the Americans place the crew in Charles Street Jail and was there any 'cover-up' regarding Steinhoff's death while in custody?. Any answers, pointers, books, reviews, etc will be gratefully received. Any answer I receive will probably be followed by twenty more questions -but that's reseach for you. Many Thanks - Philip.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
u-boat + V2 testing Philip McGarry 09/14/2002 07:06PM
Re: u-boat + V2 testing Manfred (Fred) Staab 09/28/2002 03:01PM
Re: u-boat + V2 testing Jon Hanagarth 06/19/2014 01:25AM
Re: u-boat + V2 testing Paul Lawton 06/20/2014 10:08PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.