General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Buchheim information?
Posted by: Kate ()
Date: March 30, 2001 01:01AM

<HTML>I am trying to find out more about Lothar-Gunther Buchheim, the journalist whose wartime experiences inspired Das Boot. So far, Internet searches have turned up nothing biographical or personal--just information pertaining to his book and to the film. I don\'t even know if Buchheim is still alive. As an aspiring photojournalist, I find him very fascinating and wish I knew more about his life and work. Needless to say, Das Boot has quickly become one of my favorite films.

If anyone here could provide more information, or even point me in a better direction online, I would truly appreciate it. Perhaps there is even information already on uboat.net that I simply haven\'t seen yet. I am new to the site (and to the subject of U-boats) and there is much I have yet to explore.

I must add that this is an excellent site, and I want to applaud and compliment those who created and work hard to maintain it. This is quite an accomplishment! I look forward to learning more about U-boats and to visiting the site in future. This is also my first posting on the forum, and I look forward to talking with others here. Take care.

Kate</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Buchheim information? Kate 03/30/2001 01:01AM
RE: Buchheim information? Ken Dunn 03/30/2001 11:10AM
RE: Welcome Kate MPC 03/30/2001 01:08PM
RE: Buchheim information? Jeff 03/31/2001 09:43PM
RE: Buchheim information? Kate 04/04/2001 01:59AM
RE: Buchheim information? Jeff 04/04/2001 09:31PM
RE: Buchheim information? Saskia 04/07/2001 04:34PM
RE: Buchheim information? Kate 04/07/2001 08:04PM
RE: Ladies ! MPC 04/08/2001 10:27AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.