General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
How did this website help GWX?
Posted by: Mike M ()
Date: March 13, 2007 11:32PM

Let me explain: I'm a Silent Hunter 3 player and installed the exapansion called GWX recently. Now, I noticed straight away that the Type IIa was given an extra re-load bringing it to 6. I asked on the Subsim.com forums why this was and was assured that "...they used to latch an extra torpedo, with straps, to the torpedo room floor...so it's historically accurate". Now I come here and read the Type IIa was designed for 3 reloads with one strapped to the fore crew quarters but in reality would hinder access to the battery so was abandoned for only 2 reloads.

Now I find this quite disappointing considering in the manual of the GWX exapansion, this website is thanked "..for it's expert advice". Yet they seem to have ignored your advice on something as important as the number of reloads on the Type IIa.

GWX states it's "...ultra-relistic and historically accurate". Yeah, right! Don't know how this website can associate itself with GWX considering someone can get the impression you advised the makers of GWX wrongly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
How did this website help GWX? Mike M 03/13/2007 11:32PM
Re: How did this website help GWX? Mike M 03/14/2007 12:01AM
Re: How did this website help GWX? Ken Dunn 03/14/2007 02:40AM
Re: How did this website help GWX? Mike M 03/16/2007 11:19PM
Re: How did this website help GWX? clio 03/14/2007 06:45PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.