General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: I think I have an original -paint 8.8cm uBoat projectile
Posted by: Ken Dunn ()
Date: June 27, 2007 05:42PM

Hi Richard,

There is no Peter Bartel listed as serving on any U-boat including U-581 in the published crew lists (see [ubootwaffe.net]). However the crew lists are incomplete.

U-581 was sunk 2 Feb, 1942 in the mid-Atlantic south-west of the Azores, in approximate position 39.00N, 30.00W, by depth charges from the British destroyer HMS Westcott. 4 dead and 41 survivors.

Perhaps you could question him about the name of his commander or other officers or anyone else on his boat you might be able to find in the crew lists.

Also if you want to e-mail me a photo of your projectile I'll try to help.

Regards,

Ken Dunn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
I think I have an original -paint 8.8cm uBoat projectile Richard Schiff 06/27/2007 04:36AM
Re: I think I have an original -paint 8.8cm uBoat projectile csasch 06/27/2007 09:57AM
Re: I think I have an original -paint 8.8cm uBoat projectile Bruce Dennis 06/27/2007 03:21PM
Re: I think I have an original -paint 8.8cm uBoat projectile Ken Dunn 06/27/2007 05:42PM
Re: I think I have an original -paint 8.8cm uBoat projectile Erling Skjold 06/28/2007 05:43AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.