General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Caribean
Posted by: Jacky Kingsley ()
Date: May 29, 2009 05:11PM

Hi

In a book I bought on Ebay it mentioned a spy in Accra,Gold Coast (now Ghana) was responsible for sending a lot of shipping to Davy Jones locker. Finally the Americans asked the British to pinpoint the site of the radio and then fed the spy false information. When the German ships arrived to sink the ship they were themselves sunk. The source of this information came from Reader's Digest, a dubious source. I have asked them for the full article, hoping for a reference, and they have only sent me offers - which I don't want and can't accept as I am in the UK.

According to the map showing wrecks of u boats around the caribbean it says that 1942 was a goody ear for kills which suggests the story could have some basis for truth.

Has any one heard of this? I have just heard of Gaylord Kelshall's book so will read that.

Thank you

Jacky

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Caribean Jacky Kingsley 05/29/2009 05:11PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.