General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany
Posted by: ibrahim ahmad ()
Date: June 10, 2010 08:19AM

I took the bus to Laboe as I love to travel in a slow paced way & enjoy the scenery & people whom I meet in the bus ... so for anyone here is interested , here is a small guide on how I reach there.

----------------------------------------------------

The nearest international airport is Hamburg. Having arrived at Hamburg, your first destination is Kiel, about 90 kilometers away.

Taking the Bus to Kiel

Take the airport bus “Kielus” to Kiel-Hauptbahnhof (Eurorail train station). The journey takes 90 minutes, departs hourly and will set you back 29 Euros for a round trip.
The bus timetable - [www.kielius.de]

Changing Bus to Laboe

At Kiel-Hauptbahnhof. Get down and switch bus to Laboe. The bus stop is just outside the train station.

Take Motorbus Line 100 to Laboe. Departing every 30 minutes, get down at the last stop, which is "Laboe Hafen". It takes 45 minutes and costs 2 Euros plus one way.

U-995 is about 1 kilometer from the bus stop. If you’re adventurous, you can just walk and enjoy the sights. Just follow the beach line and walk towards the right (when facing the sea) and you can’t miss it.

----------------------------------------------------

Looking for all relevant info and items on the Monsun U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
[monsun-uboats.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany ibrahim ahmad 06/10/2010 08:14AM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany ibrahim ahmad 06/10/2010 08:15AM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany ibrahim ahmad 06/10/2010 08:16AM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany ibrahim ahmad 06/10/2010 08:17AM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany ibrahim ahmad 06/10/2010 08:18AM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany ibrahim ahmad 06/10/2010 08:19AM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany ThomasHorton 06/10/2010 06:24PM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany Uwe W. 06/11/2010 05:55PM
Re: Visiting U995 – a Type VIIC U-Boat in Laboe, Germany jeff Taylor 06/21/2010 06:29PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.