General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Churchill and Stephenson SOE mission - 1943
Posted by: Platon Alexiades ()
Date: January 26, 2019 06:34PM

Hello Solan,

British MGBs were use as blockade runners to Sweden to bring back much-needed ball bearings but they did not carry out saboteurs (AFAIK).
For British submarines, you might check "The Allies" section of this site:

[uboat.net]

You can navigate and check the history of each submarine (compiled by Brian Corijn with some assistance of yours truly). There is no tool on this site to give the positions of each submarine on a given date (perhaps this will be done in the future) but my own database can help in that.

I am a bit surprised that a sabotage operation was entertained on Swedish soil in 1943. There was a big flop in the spring of 1940 when an operation to sabotage the iron ore facilities misfired. I would have thought that a repeat would have been out of the question. Are you sure of the veracity of your source? SOE or SIS operation? Agent 034 does not correspond to the numerology used by SOE or SIS agents (007 is strictly fiction).

Best regards,

Platon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Churchill and Stephenson SOE mission - 1943 Solan 01/08/2019 11:04PM
Re: Churchill and Stephenson SOE mission - 1943 Platon Alexiades 01/26/2019 03:41PM
Re: Churchill and Stephenson SOE mission - 1943 Solan 01/26/2019 05:12PM
Re: Churchill and Stephenson SOE mission - 1943 Platon Alexiades 01/26/2019 06:34PM
Churchill and Stephenson SOE mission - 1943 Solan 01/26/2019 07:57PM
Re: Churchill and Stephenson SOE mission - 1943 Platon Alexiades 01/26/2019 08:37PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.