General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: U1277
Posted by: Victor Marafona ()
Date: February 22, 2022 10:14AM

Hi Ken!

It's really impossible to dive inside the U-1277, it's really full of sand. Half of it is underground and the other half is full of sand, this submarine was abandoned at the end of the war, the captain ordered him to abandon the boat fearing that the news of the defeat he had heard on the radio was false, he started the engines and supposedly should have been lost far away from the coast, but something made the boat, instead of going out to sea, make a parallel to the coast, all the crew arrived safely on land. The question of the bell was a curiosity, as there is little information about the piece, if you have any photos that you can provide me, I would appreciate it victormarafona@gmail.com . I know the risks of wreck diving as I am an SSI diving instructor. Thank you very much.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U1277 VictorMarafona 02/18/2022 02:06PM
Re: U1277 Ken Dunn 02/19/2022 12:26PM
Re: U1277 Victor Marafona 02/21/2022 10:10AM
Re: U1277 Ken Dunn 02/21/2022 12:58PM
Re: U1277 Victor Marafona 02/22/2022 10:14AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.