General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Criticism
Posted by: Will King ()
Date: January 19, 2001 04:11PM

<HTML>Hi everyone. Penny for your thoughts...

Some of you may recognize me as someone who appears regularly on this and other message boards just to discuss the building of my 1/32 scale type VII, or to indulge myself in reading the conversations of others. I am also a supporter of this and any other site that so thoroughly preserves the efforts, and more importantly memory of the thousands of soldiers and sailors who fought and died, particularly what I believe is the unsung story of the German U-boatmen of WWII.

So my question is this: what do you, other supporters of this cause, say to criticism of remembering and producing websites, models and other items that promote it? Out at the dockside, I sometimes recieve angry looks, whispering while pointing, the whole nine yards. How do you expain to lay people indulged in stereotypes of the Fanatical Facist World War II German soldier/sailor, the meaning and importance of the struggle which these men endured?

You get the basic gist, I\'m sure. The message does not do the real question justice. Help me out, here, and give the supporters who read this another peice of ammunition to throw at the attacks of ignorance.

Thanks
Will King </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Criticism Will King 01/19/2001 04:11PM
RE: Criticism Rainer Bruns 01/19/2001 04:58PM
RE: Criticism John Howard 01/19/2001 07:13PM
RE: Criticism Rainer Bruns 01/19/2001 08:47PM
RE: RB :-)) MPC 01/20/2001 10:00PM
RE: Criticism MPC 01/19/2001 07:42PM
RE: Criticism Ricky.S 01/20/2001 09:50PM
RE: Criticism George Roumbos 01/21/2001 11:00AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.