Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: Das Boot - Anti-War Film?
Posted by: George Roumbos ()
Date: January 25, 2001 12:10PM

<HTML>Hi Robert!
Well, that\'s a good question, sometimes people believe that if somebody in a movie says something like the captain did,or on the scene when the crew \"fussvolk\" are drinking beer at the bow compartment and somebody shouts \"here is to the end of the war\", that it means that it is an anti-war movie, maybe it is so, my opinion is that an anti-war movie has to give something more, i.e. in \"Das Boot\" we saw for the first time the true face of the U-boat crew, their human side if you wish, men with wifes, children, sick wifes, men cracking under pressure etc, so in the end we all felt a little bit more close to them (atleast I did), so when they return to port are the boat is sunk by an air-raid, killing a lot of the crew, with the captain \"going down\" as soon as the boat disappears under the water, well, if you felt sad, or a sympathy about them, then the movie had an anti-war impact on you.
Anyway, those are my feelings everytime I watch it, like to hear from the other \"mates\" as well,
Best regards, George </HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Das Boot - Anti-War Film? Robert Eno 01/25/2001 04:23AM
RE: Das Boot - Anti-War Film? George Roumbos 01/25/2001 12:10PM
RE: Das Boot - Anti-War Film? Alice 01/25/2001 05:05PM
RE: Das Boot - Anti-War Film? Katerina 01/26/2001 03:56PM
RE: Das Boot - Anti-War Film? Tristan van Putten 01/31/2001 07:55AM
One minor difference Phil 02/02/2001 12:15AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.