Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: \'Pearl Harbour\', errr, sorry \'Harbor\'!
Posted by: John Bull ()
Date: June 04, 2001 09:10AM

<HTML>Hello,

I haven\'t seen this film yet, but I\'m reliably told by fellow Brits and many American reviewers the internet over that it\'s got more ham in it than a butcher\'s shop!

Someone told me that one of our white teethed heroes goes to the U.K., presumably to show us poor old Brits how to fight the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain, or should that be renamed the Battle of Affleck :-) !

Seriously, could anyone give me a detailed description of any scenes containing our hero Affleck in the U.K., flying in the R.A.F.? Just so I can get an idea of what is shown of the european war in this film, without having to pay to see it at the cinema!

By the way, what\'s this I hear about Affleck climbing out of an aeroplane and seeing a coffin? I\'ve been told this scene is right at the end. Could anyone describe this also?

Rgds/</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Pearl harbour is purely hollywood Kris 06/01/2001 12:04PM
U-571 was better Steve Cooper 06/03/2001 11:06PM
RE: \'Pearl Harbour\', errr, sorry \'Harbor\'! John Bull 06/04/2001 09:10AM
RE: \\\'Pearl Harbour\\\', errr, sorry \\\'Harbor\ Steve Cooper 06/04/2001 12:46PM
RE: Oh, the humanity of it! John Bull 06/12/2001 02:49PM
RE: Oh, the humanity of it! Don Baker 06/15/2001 02:25AM
RE: Oh, the humanity of it! Mark Carroll 06/24/2001 01:21AM
RE: U-571 was better Kris 06/04/2001 12:16PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.