Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
DAS BOOT , TV series on DVD
Posted by: Matt ()
Date: July 14, 2002 05:19PM

<HTML>
I want to start this thread and have as many of you to comment on it as possible.
Das Boot is the greatest movie ever made. I think the Directors Cut was an excellent remake concerning the sound. I am in lucky possesion of the TV -series Das Boot, which was shown here in Sweden in 1988 and was luckily recoreded by my brother at the time. The TV series which were longer give you an entierly new feeling for the movie compared with the DC. For example lots of more time is spent with the induviduals on the boat than in the DC. You really get to know what an a--hole Pilgrim is for instance. And why was the part with the airplane attacking the sub cut out of the DC ? One thing in the series that is different from the DC, is the part when Lt Werner is told he and and LI are to leave the boat in Vigo. The captain tells Werner in the film that the LI has to get off because is wife is sick. In the series, the explanation is that LI is mentally finished and can´t go on working on the boat. I also think the series were much better because Lt Werner is narrating the story which isn´t done in DC. The storm part for instance is much longer and deals with Lt Werner doing lots of thinking.

My old Vhs copy wont last forever and the quality is starting to fade.
Will the series ever be released on DVD, and could there be a demand from the broad public to put pressure on the company responsible ??</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
DAS BOOT , TV series on DVD Matt 07/14/2002 05:19PM
Re: DAS BOOT , TV series on DVD FUBAR 07/14/2002 06:44PM
Re: DAS BOOT , TV series on DVD Marine Helferin 07/14/2002 11:27PM
Re: DAS BOOT , TV series on DVD Matt 07/15/2002 08:47AM
Re: DAS BOOT , TV series on DVD Marine Helferin 07/15/2002 01:05PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.