Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
Re: Independent U-Boat Film
Posted by: Wachoffizier ()
Date: November 23, 2002 02:11PM

<HTML>Hi. Wow someone I can relate to. Being Independent and trying to make a sub film is alot like punishment in Hades. Anyway, there are alot of ways to work exterior shots. With the advanced editting skills we have at our disposal, you can use a mixture of shots. Such combination works quite well- with many Russian subs which you can visit, close shots can work out. One thing that can work is to use a large model(and let me say, it must be VERY big- luckily, your subject seems to have more kits available than mine). Use calmer water with your submarine. During editting, sllloooooooowwwww it down. As I said it must be large. Otherwise, you'll have droplets of water on your boat bigger than half the crew combined! You;ll also need different sized models. In Das Boot, models were used- quite effectively. Now, we can't afford to build huge, motorized subs (most of us anyway) Don't get discouraged. Most of it is trial and error. One problem however, is the color of the water. Obviously, swimming pools won't work. You could try various things- you could dye the water. As for underwater, you might find a number of methods to work. On this very site, I saw a model in an arylic fish tank with dyed water. It looked suprisingly good. Much of film making is trial and error. as for lighting and such, you have to move all around the set, tangling cords and knocking down ladders to make the illumination perfect for the scene. Good luck to ye.</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Independent U-Boat Film Wachoffizier 11/02/2002 05:26PM
Re: Independent U-Boat Film cate 11/02/2002 09:36PM
Re: Independent U-Boat Film Wachoffizier 11/05/2002 08:39PM
Re: Independent U-Boat Film Clark 11/14/2002 03:55PM
Re: Independent U-Boat Film Wachoffizier 11/18/2002 12:06AM
Re: Independent U-Boat Film E.J.Stark 11/21/2002 03:31PM
Re: Independent U-Boat Film Wachoffizier 11/23/2002 02:11PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.