This medal was issued in 1890 and it was the basic military decoration of the late Ottoman Empire, although it could be to civilians as well. It came in both gold and silver classes, suspended from a red ribbon with narrow green side stripes. On the front side of the medal there was a Turkish coat of arms with the Sultan’s "tugra" above it and on the back side there was the inscription "Medal of Merit Specially for Those Who Have Shown Loyalty and Bravery" and the date 1308 (1890), the date of the founding of the medal. Awards given during the World War had a ribbon clasp of crossed sabers with the year 1333 (1915).
|Kptlt.||Arnauld de la Perière, Lothar von||U 35|
|Oblt.||Dönitz, Karl||3 Sep 1918||UB 68|
|Oblt.||Heimburg, Heino von||2 Jan 1916|
|Oblt.||Kümpel, Otto||3 Jul 1918||UC 37|
|Kptlt.||Marschall, Wilhelm||1 Jan 1918|
|Oblt.||Schrader, Otto von|
|LSL.||Trapp, Georg Ritter von||1916 or so||k.u.k. U14|
|Kptlt.||Valentiner, Max||3 Jan 1917||U 38|
|Oblt.||Weichold, Eberhard||3 Jul 1918||UC 22|
10 officers decorated with (Liyakat Madalyasi) located.
Note: This listing is still being compiled and some recipients might be missing.