Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
What Paint for the Deck Color
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: July 05, 2003 02:28PM

SALUT!

I know from prior research--on this board and elsewhere--that the decks were not painted, and that the preservative they were treated with left a dark charcoal color, which later turned to a brownish grey color when exposed to the sun and saltwater. My question is what paint might best replicate this. I am in the process of painting my Amati U 47, and the time to paint the deck is fast approaching. Incidentally, I did run a search for through this forum, but did not find a definitive answer. I prefer acryllics.... One last note, for aesthetic purposes, I wish to have a dark, uniform charcoal color. This may veer more to the side of an admiralty prototype model, but I feel nonetheless that this color scheme will be most pleasing aesthetically, while at the same time remaining true to the concern for historical accuracy.

Einsamer Wolf

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
What Paint for the Deck Color Einsamer Wolf 07/05/2003 02:28PM
Re: What Paint for the Deck Color Paul H 07/06/2003 05:49PM
Re: What Paint for the Deck Color Grant Goodale 07/06/2003 09:54PM
Re: What Paint -Tamiya paints J. Brennan 07/07/2003 06:16AM
Re: What Paint -Tamiya paints Wiljan Bakers 07/07/2003 12:24PM
Re: What Paint -Tamiya paints Einsamer Wolf 07/07/2003 03:18PM
Re: What Paint -Tamiya paints Grant Goodale 07/07/2003 09:18PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.