Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: January 01, 2006 06:20PM

SALUT!

I am once again returning to modelling as a past time, and am resuming with the 1:72 U-Boat. The flood holes have been drilled out and filed.I am presently faced with two immediate concerns.
First, and most pressing, is what do with the Yankee Pressure Hull. The instructions are wholly inadequate. They state one is to "make a shelf with sheet plastic and it to both sides of the kit's bulkhead as seen in the photo." My concern is how low or high these shelves should be, and how I can ensure that the relative position of all shelves is equal. Also, I vaguely recall others having problems making the center section allign with the tower. Evidentally, this is necesary due to the periscope appartus.
My second concern involves the model brass set and the brass limber whole sections. I cut out the sections of plastic where these sections are supposed to fit in with a jeweler's saw. The brass panels fit imperfectly. There are gaps as large as cm or more. I believe this can be flushed out with squadron putty, but I am a little concerned. Also, it is difficult to bend the aft panel just so. Either the ends push in just a little too much, or push out just a little over the contour over the plastic hull. I think getting these flush with the hull may be a daunting task.
Any advice is well appreciated.

EW

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters Einsamer Wolf 01/01/2006 06:20PM
Re: Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters Jess 01/02/2006 02:41PM
Re: Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 06:54PM
Two other questions Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 08:39PM
Re: Two other questions Jess 01/03/2006 02:10AM
Re: Two other questions Einsamer Wolf 01/03/2006 02:32AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.