Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: January 02, 2006 06:54PM

Jess, thanks again for your kind help. I will take note of what you wrote, and be mindful of it for future reference. Right now, I have put the work on the hull on hold until a package arrives, containing among other things .15'' plastic sheet for the shelves and green putty for the plastic surgery on the hull. I am most concerned about the model brass limber-hole panels. The pressure hull may not be visible at all unless one takes a flood light to the flood holes. The limber holes, however are highly visible. And if the installation of the panels is compromised, it significantly hampers both the appearance and the structural integrity.
From what you write, however, it seems that the situation is manageable, namely a cm gap at places. As unpleasant as things are now, they certainly pale in comparison to what I faced when tackling the Amati kit, which I never did finish. Most importantly, when I bring the two halves together, the panels are parallel to one another. All other obtacles should be surmountable.

All the Best,

EW

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters Einsamer Wolf 01/01/2006 06:20PM
Re: Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters Jess 01/02/2006 02:41PM
Re: Yankee Pressure Hull, other matters Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 06:54PM
Two other questions Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 08:39PM
Re: Two other questions Jess 01/03/2006 02:10AM
Re: Two other questions Einsamer Wolf 01/03/2006 02:32AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.