Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: January 02, 2006 06:59AM

Salut!

I spent this whole holiday modelling, and reviewing instructions (five total with after market sets) as well as research materials. And during the day, I came across a couple of other matters.
First, I had a question as to any variations in the conning tower that was housed on u-96. Specifically, in reviewing my materials, I was reminded that early towers--notably Type VII Bs but also some Type VII Cs--housed the diesel engine vents not on the sides of the tower itself, but in a mounted frame that extended from attack periscope base. This early version is specifically provided for in the White Ensign Model set. I want to know if U-96 featued this very early tower fitting, or if it featured the vents on the sides.
On other matter relating to U-96, was the laughing swordfish black or red. Photo still from the movie Das Boot have it black, but this may be wrong. I was always under the impression that it was red.
Finally, I had wondered what other modellers thought of the hand wheels and railings provided in the kit versus what is provided in various photo etch sets. All the photo etch sets are one-dimensional, in other words flat. Additonally, photos show both the railings and the hand wheels to be much larger than I though.
One last matter, has any one heard if any product line is developing after market railings, wintergartenm, and hand-wheels?

Thanks in Advance,

EW

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 06:59AM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Jess 01/02/2006 02:54PM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 06:45PM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Jess 01/03/2006 01:55AM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Ian Stapley 01/19/2006 01:08PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.