Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot
Posted by: Jess ()
Date: January 02, 2006 02:54PM

Hi Einsamer,

It depends on what U-96 you are building. The movie version or the real deal?

I myself, am building the movie version for a client. There are a number of things incorrect with this boat.

But to answer your questions: The laughing fish was definitely not black. I've heard it was red, green, and even blue. I'm sure there are some guys here that have an idea.
U-96 didn't always have the Laughing Sawfish. Early on, when Bucheim was on board, it had 2 'Bulls of Scapa Flow' on the either side of its tower. Later, it had the Laughing Sawfish inbetween them. Then later on, just the two Laughing Sawfish.

I believe that only some Type VIIB's had this air intake mounted on the attack scope housing. Definitely not U-96. U-96 had them on the sides of the tower.

I don't use the photoetch railings becuase they are flat. I rather have them out of scale and round. I would use the wheels though. I think you can get away using them better than the railings. A number of people are making their own railings out of brass. I, myself, have not done that, but I plan to for my U-253 build. It would be great if someone did create a nice set and sell them. But so many people are doing it, it must not be that difficult.

Again, check out my links. I'm building the "Das Boot" version of U-96 and I've pointed out some of the discrepencies.

[homepage.mac.com]
[homepage.mac.com]

Take Care,

Jess

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 06:59AM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Jess 01/02/2006 02:54PM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Einsamer Wolf 01/02/2006 06:45PM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Jess 01/03/2006 01:55AM
Re: Other Questions Re 1:72 U Boot Ian Stapley 01/19/2006 01:08PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.