Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
Technical details
Posted by: Tscrivens ()
Date: July 05, 2000 04:36PM

Hello to All,

I am the type of person that craves all the technical details. I want it all, right down to the size of the smallest bolt. A complete set of shipyard blueprints for the VII and IX translated into english would be a dream come true. I am realistic enough though, to realize that this isn't going to happen. So I try to find as much as I can. I have Rossler's book and while it is an excellent reference with more technical detail than most I am still found wanting. For example: what is the bore, stroke, compression, maximum operating rpm, maximum torque etc. for the 6 cylinder MAN diesel in a VIIB? What about the thickness of the interior bulkheads? How about a complete layout of all the controls throughout the boat. What is the diameter and pitch of the propellers? What is the maximum rotation in degrees of the front planes? I could go on and on. Could anyone suggest any books that have lots of technical detail? In english? Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Technical details Tscrivens 07/05/2000 04:36PM
RE: Technical details (The Rudders & Dive Plan The Captain 07/06/2000 07:37PM
RE: Technical details (Propellers) The Captain 07/06/2000 07:54PM
RE: Technical details (Propellers) Tom Manson 07/07/2000 12:27AM
RE: Battery Fissi 07/07/2000 12:16PM
Thanks to all AND.... tscrivens 07/11/2000 06:05PM
...Pump Fissi 07/15/2000 11:30AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.