Technology and Operations  
This forum is for discussing technological & operational matters pertaining to U-boats. 
RE: Battery self-regulating room?
Posted by: Leif... ()
Date: December 29, 2000 07:35AM

Hi, Enrique.

Circuit-breaker cabinet, I guess there would be some rather big switches and perhaps fuses in that cabinet then. But I hope I can get my hands on a picture or drawing of this area since I want to stay true to the original as much as I can. My guess is that these switches would not be touched unless in an emergency since I think you control the use of the batteries from the aft torpedo room. Please correct me if I\'m wrong.

The actual modelling of the U-boat is done with my favourite modelling program Lightwave. To able to walk around inside and outside the model and control hatches and climb ladders and perhaps in the future also run the U-boat I have to write my own little 3d engine. This is done in C and the graphics API I\'m using is Opengl. And so far its coming a long nicely, yesterday I climbed down the ladder to the forward battery room for the first time :)

Leif...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Battery self-regulating room? Leif... 12/27/2000 09:33AM
RE: Battery self-regulating room? Enrique 12/28/2000 06:54PM
RE: Battery self-regulating room? Leif... 12/29/2000 07:35AM
Virtual U-boat, great idea! David W 12/29/2000 05:11AM
RE: Battery self-regulating room? Enrique 12/29/2000 06:50PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.