Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
Re: Allied Warships section (my opinion)
Posted by: Brian Corijn ()
Date: July 24, 2005 10:36AM

Hi all,

I have corrected the entry's on Unbending's page you are referring to.

Most of the entry's indeed originates from Rohwers work.

I have unfortunately no time, besides my regular job (sometimes i have the feeling i have work for 2 since sales have increased by up to 50% but with lower profit margin so the staff is not inreased at all) and my current work on the Allied Warships section, to visit for instance the British National Archives at Kew. I really would like to do so and maybee i am going to so in the future (i hope). I live in The Netherlands, London isn't that far so the distance is not the problem in my opinion, i should be able to get there in a few hours. But as this is a private website, with only a few volunteers working on it and the only funding we have goes, as far as i know, to covering the server costs and maybee software. Even if i have the time to go and do some research in archives the money needed (hotel, transport, maybee a portable computer, etc, etc.) will have to come out of my own pocket. And as i have not won the lotery (as of yet, maybee sometime in the future i get luckey but i don't count on it) that won't be easy to be honest.

Some two years ago i have offered Gudmundur some of my spare time to work on the Allied Warships section with the limited knowledge and info i have available. I am fully aware of the fact that i am by no means the best person in the world to deal with this matter but i do my utmost best with the limited information and time i have available. Here on the forum and also on the forum at for instance Siri's website there are lots of people with far greater knowledge, would be very nice if some of these could "drop in". Please remember i am also the only person working on the Allied warships section at the moment. There is work for years i think even when someone could work on the Allied Warships section "full time". So if there are people around that have some spare time left and good info available which they are willing to share, why not give us a hand ?
There is enough still to add. More ships (mostly smaller ones), more events for all warships listed, Commanding Officers for all warships listed, etc, etc.

So to just make a short summary of the above in two words; help needed.

Kind regards,
Brian Corijn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMS Unbending (P 37) David DB 07/23/2005 10:13PM
Re: HMS Unbending (P 37) Brian 07/24/2005 02:27AM
Re: HMS Unbending (P 37) David DB 07/24/2005 09:22AM
Re: HMS Unbending (P 37) Brian 07/24/2005 09:01PM
Re: HMS Unbending (P 37) Brian Corijn 07/24/2005 10:59PM
Re: Allied Warships section (my opinion) Brian Corijn 07/24/2005 10:36AM
Re: Allied Warships section (my opinion) Brian 07/25/2005 03:30AM
Re: Allied Warships section (my opinion) Platon Alexiades 08/29/2005 12:10PM
Re: HMS Unbending (P 37) parmstrong 07/25/2005 06:50AM
Re: HMS Unbending (P 37) David DB 07/26/2005 10:59PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.