Warship forum  
A forum for the Allied Warships section. 
HMCS Brandon K149
Posted by: Cliff. Johnston ()
Date: May 07, 2006 04:21PM

Glen A. Johnston E.A. 3/c

While going through my father's estate I came across a crew photograph of the HMCS Brandon which I had never seen before. For those interested, I've restored the photograph and posted it at:
[www.pbase.com]

If someone can explain to me what his rank was I would appreciate it. I know that he ended up working with cypher machines and was part of the RCN team which was responsible for the capture of the first German 4-wheel cypher Enigma machine. While watching a made for TV mini-series in the 1970's, A Man Called Intrepid, at the end the cypher machine was shown. My Dad immediately blurted out that that was not the machine that they had captured. It was the old 3-rotor model. He recited the various model numbers, etc.. I was stunned! He said that they were sworn to secrecy about it, but that it wasn't much of a secret if they had made a movie about it.

Although there is a censor's release date stamped on the reverse I do not know the date that the photograph was taken.

Enjoy,

Cliff. Johnston

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMCS Brandon K149 Cliff. Johnston 05/07/2006 04:21PM
Re: HMCS Brandon K149 Mark Walters 05/08/2006 10:25PM
Re: HMCS Brandon K149 Cliff. Johnston 05/09/2006 10:02PM
Re: HMCS Brandon K149 Mark Walters 05/10/2006 11:48AM
Re: HMCS Brandon K149 Cliff. Johnston 05/10/2006 04:48PM
Re: HMCS Brandon K149 Mark Walters 05/10/2006 11:21PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.