WWI forum  
World War One discussions. 
HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking?
Posted by: Rene ()
Date: August 07, 2004 01:16AM

I know she was mined of the Agean Sea. However, I know that for quite sometime there was a ongoing debate of wether or not she was mined or hit by a torpedo. Could someone please tell me how they could determine she was hit by a mine and not a torpedo. And how did they know it was U-73 mines that hit her? Could it also please be explained the events of Brittanics sailing that led her up to the point where she hit the mines. I know she was headed for Europe to pick up wounded soilders and head back for friendly territory, but thats all I know. Any information will be appreciated, and any informative links would be aswell.

Thanks,
Rene

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking? Rene 08/07/2004 01:16AM
Re: HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking? Michael Lowrey 08/07/2004 02:25AM
Re: HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking? Rene 08/08/2004 11:17PM
Re: HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking? Eric 08/09/2004 02:44PM
Re: HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking? don jamieson 08/12/2004 04:15AM
Re: HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking? toerag 08/18/2004 10:18AM
Re: HMHS Brittanic---Could someone explain in detail her sinking? Pat W 08/25/2004 02:12PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.