General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: U-352
Posted by: Wayne Hendrix ()
Date: November 21, 2001 01:33AM

<HTML>The last time I dove on the '352 the forward torpedo room was full of torpedoes! Depth charges used to be on the seabottom close by. The deck gun fell off during the attack which sank her but the ammo was still aboard.
There was a diver named George Purefoy (shucks I can't spell his name right) in Morehead City, NC who has dived the u-boat many times. I have seen his artifacts in the dive shop many times. It was a long time ago but he can help if he's still alive. Discovery Diving also in Morehead City dives it frequently.

Note: After the boat was found in the '70's some of the crew remains were displayed in town. Germany was pretty upset as you can imagine. Please remember some very brave guys died the day U-352 sank so treat the wreck as a war memorial. And Thanks. WayneH</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-352 Ron Ameika 11/21/2001 01:19AM
Re: U-352 Wayne Hendrix 11/21/2001 01:33AM
Re: U-352 Wayne Hendrix 11/21/2001 02:42AM
Re: U-352 oliver 11/21/2001 03:04PM
Re: U-352 Ken Dunn 11/26/2001 03:29PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.