General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive)
Posted by: Frank ()
Date: December 22, 2000 11:13AM

<HTML>Hi Gummi -

and thanks for the encouraging reply ! There must be indeed a vast amount to index at the Archiv, but I wonder how much of it has already been done, and could be offloaded onto floppies ? Might not be such a huge task after all, though you know better than I how far it is carried in Herr Bredow`s head ! There was a mention of `the Archiv computer` in the May `U-boat Archive` - I quote: \"The Computer Department with a vast number of records is under the leadeship of Joachim Finke, who together with his son, visits the Archiv several times a year from Weimar to keep matters up to date.\" Sounds promising !

Updating for u-boat.net would I suppose only be necessary periodically for `significant` items, rather than for every single picture or badge that was donated.

As to whether Herr Bredow would welcome the idea, it could certainly be approached from the angle of stimulating interest and therefore increasing potential membership of the Archiv; they after all need the money from subscriptions too.

Thanks again -

Very best seasonal wishes to yourself, - and to all the other incredibly helpful members of the group :-)

Best wishes

Frank
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
To: Gudmundur Jim Phillips Shipwreck Researcher, Wa 12/19/2000 07:10AM
RE: To: Gudmundur Frank 12/19/2000 07:49PM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) Gudmundur Helgason 12/21/2000 10:29AM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) kpp 12/21/2000 10:59AM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) Frank 12/21/2000 11:25AM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) Gudmundur Helgason 12/21/2000 11:36AM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) Frank 12/21/2000 04:50PM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) Gudmundur Helgason 12/22/2000 09:42AM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) Frank 12/22/2000 11:13AM
RE: To: Gudmundur (Archive) Fin Bonset 12/21/2000 12:56PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.