General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Christmas in Bergen?
Posted by: Yuri IL'IN ()
Date: December 22, 2001 09:36PM

<HTML>
The leaders NSDAP were barbarians. Their purpose was destruction of a Christianity not only in Germany, but also all over the world. I read in diaries of Gebbels that the destruction of Christian churches and communities is supposed to be begun after an ending of the war in Europe.

However in time WW2 the oppression of Orthodox church began. About Orthodox church in Germany see [www.roka.germany.net]

At once after a beginning of war against USSR the local authorities quite often seeing in all Russian enemies, have begun to restrain and church activity. Though the germans constituted a significant part of an Orthodox community in Germany. By eyes one germans girl the situation in Leipzig looked so:
"In 1941 to the emigrants refused in the house of art (i.e. "club of Russian emigration"), and also in assemblies of any sort. Church service kept, but among the visitors invariable there was a representative of Gestapo at the civilian or in a uniform. I at once began to receive the services of summons in branch of Gestapo, where I again and again interrogated about the one who concerns to this church... I abused that being "German girl", up to such degree was forgot that I help an enemy... At the next interrogation, I have charged that I service a radiostation in bell tower... The searches at my home and in church have not resulted to anything".

Answer from office NSDAP in June, 1942 concerning inquiry of the Ministry of church about creation of Orthodox institute in Berlin:
"The Question of organization of a similar educational institution is lifted from the agenda by military events of last year on Balkan... Certainly, under certain conditions due to an Orthodox educational institution in Berlin the centre for joint work of various churches of a Reich could be created, however it is necessary to achieve not so much unity, how many much more degree of dissociation of Orthodox church".

Above Orthodox temples in Leipzig and Dresden threat of complete closing in general has hung. October 25, 1941 the Imperial viceroy in Saxson has written to the Minister of church of Germany, that he regards necessary "in view of present circumstances" to dismiss "Committee on preservation of Russian Church in Leipzig" and to delete both Orthodox temples.

The forming of church boards was conducted at participation and as agreed with Gestapo.

German authorities forbinded many charitable shares of Orthodox church on occupied eastern regions. So, the failure completed the largest similar share attempted Vladimir church in Berlin. The invoking about the dues of the upper clothes and linen Orthodox of various cities of Germany have responded with huge enthusiasm. In some days all church rooms were full of things - 1100 large boxes thus were prepared. Be already ordered negotiation on purchase of food on collected 23000 marks. But the cargo and was not shipped. Priest of the Vladimir church was called in Gestapo and is interrogated about the conducted dues, then the requisition collected has followed. All boxes were taken away by Nazi organization "Winterhilfe".

By the way. Germany has taken out from an occupied part USSR many church bells. After the end of WW2 was found out, that a part of these bells having not time remelted. All stored bells the Soviet Army has transferred to German Orthodox church in 1947 free-of-charge. The bells were transferred not only to Orthodox churches in the Soviet zone, but in all territory of Germany.

Regards,
Yuri IL'IN
Moscow Russia</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Christmas in Bergen ken baker 12/22/2001 01:44AM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Joe Brennan 12/22/2001 10:23AM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Frank 12/22/2001 03:26PM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Rainer Bruns 12/22/2001 03:54PM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Joe Brennan 12/22/2001 10:14PM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Yuri IL'IN 12/22/2001 09:36PM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Joe 12/23/2001 04:21PM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Yuri IL'IN 12/24/2001 06:28AM
Re: Christmas in Bergen? Jeff 12/24/2001 04:16PM
Re: Christmas in Bergen / Sailors John Griffiths 12/22/2001 05:51PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.