General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: US U-Boats and Snorkel/ Thank´s
Posted by: PaulSant ()
Date: September 26, 2007 12:20AM

Not bragging, but not only did I see them, but I did go aboard both of them. We Marines got along very well with the submarine sailors. They would let us visit their boats anytime. Most of them had served on War Patrols. We were mostly 18 yr. olds. It was very impressive to be in their company. U-2513 was dark and weather-beaten from service. Inside she looked used. U-3008 was gray and very clean, I don't believe she saw service before the war ended, because everything in her looked new. U-505 was there also. She was off to side, looked really beat-up,like a piece of junk. At the time we didn't know she was 505 or her story.

Aaahhh, the memories!!!

Juan, don't apologize for your English. I've heard some terrible Spanish. You should hear me try to say anything in French or German. We may damage the grammar, but at least we try to use the other person's language.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
US U-Boats and Snorkel bultacotrial290 09/25/2007 02:59PM
Re: US U-Boats and Snorkel DanOdenweller 09/25/2007 03:41PM
Re: US U-Boats and Snorkel PaulSant 09/25/2007 08:24PM
Re: US U-Boats and Snorkel/ Thank´s bultacotrial290 09/25/2007 10:48PM
Re: US U-Boats and Snorkel/ Thank´s DanOdenweller 09/25/2007 11:27PM
Re: US U-Boats and Snorkel/ Thank´s PaulSant 09/26/2007 12:20AM
Re: US U-Boats and Snorkel ROBERT M. 09/26/2007 04:55AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.