General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: U-534 Still a very sad ending
Posted by: Terry Andrews ()
Date: December 11, 2007 10:45PM

Hi MPC
I agree with your sentiments entirely. The whole saga of U-534 is very sad indeed. If I had known it would be sold for 1 Euro! then I would have offered 2!
I am sure that the necessary funding for the future preservation of this boat could have been met, of that I have no doubt. I have followed the U-534 story ever since I was one of the "Original Birkenheaders" who visited her back in November 2001 when a group of us from U-boat Net got together through this very Forum to meet up at her side. To walk through her was an experience never to be forgotten. I like many was saddened even back in 2001 then the condition she was deteriorating into and many a time I have written on this very Forum to draw her to the attention of people. But never in a million years did I or anyone else think that she would be cut into pieces. It would be better if she was took out to sea and to let her slip away back into the deep. Perhaps the people who have condemned her to her fate should read this article:-

[www.abc.se]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
U-534 RLoret 12/10/2007 09:26PM
Re: U-534 The work has started! Terry Andrews 12/11/2007 05:10PM
Re: U-534 Still a very sad ending MPC 12/11/2007 07:28PM
Re: U-534 Still a very sad ending Terry Andrews 12/11/2007 10:45PM
Re: U-534 Still a very sad ending Atlantik-Pirat! 12/11/2007 11:00PM
Re: U-534 Still a very sad ending Terry Andrews 12/11/2007 11:14PM
Re: U-534 Still a very sad ending Atlantik-Pirat! 12/11/2007 11:26PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.