General Discussions  
This is the place to discuss general issues related to the U-boat war or the war at sea in WWII. 
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...??
Posted by: Ken Dunn ()
Date: May 24, 2010 07:42PM

Hi Felix C,

The information here at uboat.net is far more accurate than either book. The site contains tons of details and of course you can ask questions on the forum.

uboat.net is kept up to date, the books you mention aren't. Pick a merchant ship or a U-boat and go to the main part of the site and look them up & you will see for yourself. Follow the links to the commander, patrols, ships attacked, maps, etc.

Had I seen Sharp's book before I bought I wouldn't have wasted my time & money. Wynn's book has been out there a long time & contains more patrol details than Sharp but neither comes close to having the information available here at uboat.net for free. I haven't had any reason to open Wynn's book in years since I found U-boat.net. Wynn's book also contains a number of errors.

if you have a specific facet of the U-boat War you are interested in, spell it out & perhaps someone can recommend a better book for your purposes.

Regards,

Ken Dunn

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Felix C 05/24/2010 04:37PM
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Felix C 05/24/2010 04:46PM
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Ken Dunn 05/24/2010 07:42PM
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Felix C 05/24/2010 07:53PM
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Ken Dunn 05/24/2010 08:29PM
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Felix C 05/25/2010 12:50AM
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Cape Crusader 05/25/2010 07:14PM
Re: Wynn's U-Boat Operations... or Sharpes' U-Boat Fact File...?? Ken Dunn 05/25/2010 07:52PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.