Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: Pearl Harbor
Posted by: Dima ()
Date: July 02, 2001 01:44PM

<HTML>
Hi Walter!
I just looked through your message.
Mostly I agree with you that the scene with the rescue of trapped crew members of the capsized battleship was really chilling, but actually that was the rescueing party who gave a death sentence to that guys inside. \'Tis simple physics and it becomes obvious for any schoolboy what would happen if to open abruptly a sealed bottle of Coke, for instance, it sarts overflowing. And that small layer of air just went off as soon as rescuers opened the ship\'s bottom. In other words they simply killed the guys who were inside. And the only excuse I can see \'tis that everybody was shocked with the existent.
As for the \"Novorossiysk\" tragedy, \'twas the same situation but in the peace time. And the fault that only six men were rescued is entirely is on the admirals from the Black See Fleet Headquarters.They showed their absolute incompetence.

Regards,
Dima.

P.S. I\'m also from Russia but I don\'t share Yuri\'s point of view. And I\'m 100% sure that the majority of people over here don\'t think in that way as he does.
</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Pearl Harbor Woody 06/17/2001 05:01PM
RE: Pearl Harbor Vin 06/18/2001 08:44AM
RE: Pearl Harbor Woody 06/18/2001 07:45PM
RE: Pearl Harbor Walter M 06/27/2001 01:01PM
RE: Pearl Harbor Dima 07/02/2001 01:44PM
Capsized battleship walter.emme@libero.it 07/02/2001 02:40PM
RE: Capsized battleship Dima 07/03/2001 09:38AM
RE: Capsized battleship Walter M. 07/03/2001 02:49PM
RE: Capsized battleship Dima 07/04/2001 04:33AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.