Movies and Films  
This is the forum for Movie and Film discussions. Again, our topic is naval warfare in WWII for the most part. 
RE: Song from Hitler\'s SS
Posted by: Kris ()
Date: August 30, 2001 04:18PM

<HTML>Well, Its a British film. From the 70\\\'s or 80\\\'s. Not sure about dates though. Here in the US, it\\\'s titled \\\"Hitler\\\'s SS - Portrait of Evil\\\". Has Jim GOddard starring and directing. Its a story of two brothers (german) who see their country go to pieces in different ways. One joins the SA and the other the SS. During the purge of the SA, the younger ends up in Dachau and the older with his influences with Heydrich gets him released. His imprisonment in the camp leaves him dis-illusioned about the regime and its horrors. As his country calls for arms, he gets ordered into the army and goes to the russian front and serves as an officer. Soon he lands into trouble there as well and gets sent to a punishment battalion where he gets wounded and gets to come back to germany. He deserts eventually and towards the end of the war he finds his brother and also finds that his entire family is dead besides him and his two brothers. The youngest one is indoctrinated into the hitler youth and dies defending berlin. The older is trying to extricate himself from the horrors being perpetrated by the SS. He is eventually executed by his SS brethren for trying to desert during the Battle of Berlin. All in all Hitler\\\'s SS is a depressing film whose theme was i suppose meant to express the depression, fear and disillusionment of being caught up in that horrid regime. Like Pink Floyd\\\'s Wall, it equals it in terms of its depression but at least we are talking of reality here. Although i am a Floyd fan, i detested the movie. No wonder it drove that band to the brink of break up. Back to Hitler\\\'s SS, the film itself is very good and gives a good glimpse into how disordered the regime made an average german family into and its destruction as well. If you get a chance, see it. Its available for less than $10 at Amazon.

Kris</HTML>

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Song from Hitler\'s SS Kris 08/28/2001 04:53PM
RE: Caution.! Joe Brennan 08/29/2001 09:29AM
RE: Caution.! Kris 08/29/2001 11:43AM
RE: Caution.! I Stapley 08/29/2001 09:52AM
RE: Song from Hitler\\\'s SS walter M 08/29/2001 12:29PM
RE: Song from Hitler\'s SS Kris 08/29/2001 01:02PM
RE: Song from Hitler\\\'s SS Steve Cooper 08/29/2001 05:49PM
RE: Song from Hitler\\\\\\\'s SS J.T. McDaniel 08/29/2001 09:15PM
RE: Song from Hitler\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s SS Steve Cooper 08/30/2001 03:10PM
RE: Song from Hitler\\\\\\\'s SS I Stapley 08/30/2001 02:24PM
RE: Song from Hitler\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s SS Vin 09/01/2001 08:17AM
RE: Song from Hitler\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s SS I Stapley 08/30/2001 02:13PM
RE: Song from Hitler\'s SS Kris 08/30/2001 04:18PM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.