Modeling and schematics  
Looking for schematics or helpful tips on modeling? This might be the place for you to share your ideas. 
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo?
Posted by: Einsamer Wolf ()
Date: August 16, 2000 01:58AM

Dear Woody,

I would be glad to. If you were to refer to that posting requesting contact info, you will see that I posted a reply, asking what your need to contact Nichimo was about. As this thread, coupled with the prior thread originiated by me will demonstrate, I made the grave error of purchasing the Academy kit. Not ony was it a toy, but the hull pieces, when placed together, did not even allign properly with the deck's bow. I had intended to sratch build the keel and prop gear, but the fact that it would not even fit together as a toy forced me to "abandon ship." In any event, I had been agonizing over whether or not to purchase Nichimo's IX or Revell's VII. After awakening from the prior naivete that led me to buy such a shitty kit as Academy, I came to prefer the IX, because they were faster, had better armament, and superior range. But many, many things made me quite wary of Nichimo, as this thread explains. Your posting soliciting contact information seemed to be a possible attempt to ameliorate some desperate, terrible problem with the kit--much like the one I suffered with academy. I merely mentioned curious anecdote as merely one consideration of many that led me to believe that purchasing the Nichimo kit may be yet another mistake. I hope there are not hard feelings, as I would be curious as to whether or not you would confirm my suspicions.
As this thread will demonstrate, as would private e-mails between Rainer and me, I decided, reluctantly to go with Revell. Amongst the less freedom that 1:200 provides you with, the ultimate u-boat scholar and extraordinaire himself, Rainer Bruns, informs me that photographs of the Nichimo kit reveal an erroneous Wintergarden, in addition to other problems.
Anyhoo, I will conclude this lengthy reply with the happy thought that ehobbies seem ready to credit me for the academy model. I am supposed to finally get a reply tomorrow. I hope to just do an even exchagne for the Revell kit. As I stated before, though $25.00 is not that much money, "simply lighting a cigar with an Andrew Jackson would be a much more pleasant, debonair way to incur such a loss." Thankfully, my art of persuasion and argument may get me out of this one. Of course, if ehobbies does not comply with my request to stand behind the shoddy product, I will inform you all of you right here on uboat.net modelling forum, requesting that you do business elsewhere in retaliation.

With Warm Regards,

Einsamer Wolf

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Written By Posted
Revl's u-505 ,a IX, or VII in disguise? Einsamer Wolf 08/07/2000 06:51PM
text should read "unopened Einsamer Wolf 08/07/2000 06:52PM
RE: Revl's u-505 ,a IX, or VII in disguise? joe brandt 08/08/2000 12:22AM
Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Einsamer Wolf 08/08/2000 01:51AM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? joe brandt 08/09/2000 12:18AM
Thanks for your additional help Einsamer Wolf 08/09/2000 12:56AM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Woody Cullum 08/13/2000 05:39PM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Einsamer Wolf 08/16/2000 01:58AM
RE: Thanks! Now, what about Nichimo? Woody Cullum 08/16/2000 08:45PM
It was by Amati, right? Einsamer Wolf 08/16/2000 09:39PM
RE: Revl's u-505 ,a IX, or VII in disguise? Rainer Bruns 08/08/2000 02:10AM
Vielen herzlichen Dank, Herr Bruns! Einsamer Wolf 08/08/2000 03:14AM

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.